- Did the First Vision of Joseph Smith Happen 200 Years Ago?
- Was Mary Magdalene Far from or Near the Cross? A Case Study in Gospel Differences
- Did Moses Literally See the Face of God?
- 30 Days, 30 Books: The History of Christian Apologetics in One Month
- Joseph Smith and the Many Wives of David and Solomon: Authorized or Abominable?
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Some Mormons believe that yesterday—March 26, 2020—marked the 200-year anniversary of the First Vision, in which Joseph Smith saw the Father and the Son in the woods near his home. If the First Vision had taken place in the spring … Continue reading
In the Apologetics Book Club on Facebook this month, I am doing a series entitled “30 Days, 30 Books: The History of Christian Apologetics in One Month.” So far we have highlighted six key books in ancient and medieval church … Continue reading
Critics of the Trinitarian view of Jesus Christ as God incarnate sometimes argue that Jesus could not have existed before he was born. They point out that Jesus received his name “Jesus” when he was born (Matt. 1:21, 25; Luke … Continue reading
Part 1 of this series, “A Failed Experiment,” provides the necessary background and explains my purpose in critiquing the late Nabeel Qureshi’s views on healing. A key argument in Nabeel Qureshi’s vlogs about healing is that not only … Continue reading
Nabeel Qureshi, who passed away on September 16, 2017, was a good friend of mine. He was a well-known convert from Islam to Christianity who went on to earn two Master’s degrees as well as his M.D. degree. I met … Continue reading